What a nice surprise! I was nominated by Maggie at Always Add More Butter for the Versatile Blogger Award. She's been nominated too, and it's well-deserved.
The nomination comes with a few requirements. I need to give you a list of my personal favorite blogs. Some are really famous, and some are little blogs like mine. They aren't in any particular order, though I read the Joy the Baker and Michael Ruhlman blogs every time there's a new post. There's a lot of food, photography, Paris and travel here. Guess you can tell what I like! Also, The French Fridays with Dorie and Tuesdays with Dorie blogging groups have many great bloggers. It's so hard to pick my favorites. There's so much to see and learn.
8. Matt Bites
11. Hip Paris
12. Eat at Burp
13. Style Berry Blog
The next order of business in the nomination is to tell you 7 random things about me. Well, here they are...
1. I almost hopped on a plane and came home from Paris before class started due to a scammed cab ride, botched hotel reservation and nerves. So glad I stayed!
2. I LOVE school supplies. Deep down, I'm a combination kindergarten teacher and Broadway singer/dancer. A new pad of construction paper, pencils... I'm there! The later... well it's just a dream. Can't sing, and rarely dance. I took ballet in college, but I was too old to try toe shoes. That was ok.
3. I'm kind of afraid of horses. As a tall kid, I always go put on the biggest horse who's only goal was to make a run for the barn. Horses are pretty, just with someone else riding them.
4. My favorite actresses are Gwyneth Paltrow and Meg Ryan. I don't like scary movies, sad movies, or too much sci-fi. Give me a romantic comedy any day!
5. I play the piano and am trying to re-learn the french horn. I've played the piano since 2nd grade. I would love to take piano lessons again to keep up my skills. I don't know if I'll ever really play the French Horn again, but it's such a great instrument. Who can resist the sound of the horn soaring over the orchestra?
6. I love the smell of subways (ok, we all know what that smell is... it just reminds me great trips). I love to shop (shoes, purses, cooking supplies...) Since we live in the country, our vacations are in busy, urban places.
7. My dream day is cooking all day, setting a pretty table, and enjoying a long evening a laughing, talking and eating with friends. Not too random, but very true.
The last order of business for the nomination, The Rules
- Add the award to your blog
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you
- Mention 7 random things about yourself
- List the rules
- Award to 15 bloggers
- Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blogs or on Facebook
Thanks again for the nomination, I'm looking forward to Friday!